After a relatively successful first half of the season, given the unavoidable circumstances, we have now made plans for the longer second half. All 468 members should by now have received an email explaining them.
We intend to show as many of the remaining films from the original programme as is possible, in the usual Covid-safe environment. Once again the films will be shown at 17:30 and 20:15 on Tuesdays and 20:15 on Wednesdays. Dates have been tentatively set for the first four. They are:
- Jan 19/20: Portrait of a Lady on Fire
- Jan 26/27: And Then We Danced
- Feb 09/10 Pain and Glory
- Feb 16/17 System Crasher
Details of all these films are available on our The Films 2020-21 page.
We are also in discussions to show four more films online in conjunction with YourScreen.
For details on how to upgrade your subscription for the second half of the season, please consult the email or look at the Subscription Upgrade page on this site.
Prospective new members should contact our membership secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once again, places will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can only apply for films a month at a time, by email to our membership secretary. You will receive an email telling you when bookings are open. When you apply, please indicate your preferred screening and whether you are prepared to accept tickets for the other one if your choice is not available.
There is very little scope for allocating seats, so please indicate if you have any special needs. As the seating plan has been designed around people attending as singles or pairs only, please indicate whether you will be attending with someone else from whom you do not need to be socially distanced.
Please note that the following rules will continue to apply for both performances:
- No tickets will be issued, but you will be informed in advance of your allocated seat numbers, which cannot be changed or transferred to others. You will need to bring your CFS membership cards (due to be issued next week) with you for checking upon entry. As previously indicated, no guests will be allowed.
- The theatre doors will be opened 15 minutes before the screening time and no latecomers will be admitted once the screening has commenced. A one-way system has been put in place throughout the theatre to which you will need to adhere. We hope to keep queueing to an absolute minimum, but where it is necessary this should comply with social distancing rules.
- Masks will be required to be worn throughout, other than for those with exemptions.
- The Playhouse will be providing “front of house” staff, whose instructions must be followed at all times, especially in the case of an emergency and at the end of the screening. A limited number of CFS Committee members will be present, including the person checking membership cards.
- No paper copies of film notes or reaction slips will be handed out, although we are looking at ways of sending these to you by electronic means.
- Refreshments will not be on sale although you may bring your own drinks with you if you so wish.
- Most doors will be kept open throughout to ensure adequate ventilation, so you may wish to wear appropriate warm clothing, although you should keep personal possessions to a minimum and not place these in the vacant seats.
- CFS will be responsible for the “track and trace” requirements, so please provide a contact phone number with your booking. This will be held securely with your other personal information.
- In the event of a case of Covid-19 being notified, we will be required to provide the authorities with the details of all those present at the screening, with everyone then being subject to the obligatory self-isolation rules.
We apologise for all these regulations, but they are in the best interests of everyone.