Beyond the Horizon, one of the CFS Online films we showed before Christmas, received an appreciation score of 74.2 per cent.
Some of your comments:
- A beautifully shot film, perfectly evoking the heat of ’76 with credible but flawed characters throughout, not least the burgeoning maturity of the boy at the core of the film.
- A gripping film but with an ultimately upbeat ending!
- I needed 2 viewings to really appreciate what I first thought was too slow a burn.
- Bleak. Rather abrupt ending to the narrative. Visually compelling and excellent young actors.
- A beautiful looking and well acted coming of age drama. Very good performances from all of the ‘kids’ involved.
- Quite depressing but beautifully shot and really evocative of the heat of ’76.
- It was ok but a bit unbelievable, I didn’t really engage with any of the characters.
- Bit slow – rather too many dead chickens. But an interesting take on the rite of passage theme.
- Good photography , slightly disjointed and unpleasant story.
- Very long, slow start, then all rushed at the end.
- I have mixed feelings. It seemed rather theatrical, almost possible to divide into acts & scenes. But also compressed; the emotional events happened too rapidly.