A slightly disappointing score of 85 per cent for Ida, but those who loved it really loved it.
- “Brilliant: the best film so far this season.”
- “Amazing: most stunning film I have seen in a long time.”
- “Spare, beautifully filmed.”
- “Photographically magnificent, excellent characterisation.”
- “Brilliant monochrome photography, screen ratio.”
- “Bleak – lovely music – good representation of Poland at that time.”
- “Beautifully filmed and tragic.”
On the other hand some people found it a little slow, and there were a few complaints about the film’s melancholic atmosphere. Luckily that did not stop everyone enjoying the wine & cheese after the screening.