A positive response to Still Life, which achieved an appreciation score of 87 per cent.
Among your responses:
- “Brilliant: best so far this season. Light & dark: main character wonderfully played.”
- “Heart rending. Good cast. One of your best choices.”
- “Very poignant and sad but brilliant acting. Loved the twists at the end.”
- “Huge film, beautifully observed.”
- “Slow, methodical movie – just like the main character – with a shock, yet interesting ending.”
Two members asked for more “joyful, entertaining” and “happy” films.
Meanwhile, Full Circle, the student short film, received a creditable score of 71 per cent:
- “One of the most poignant.”
- “I could actually understand it.”
- “Wonderful short became a poor ending.”
- “Good beginning: end less so.”